Subject: Re: Animated LW meshes in realtime games
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 14:51:17 -0500

In a message dated 95-12-08 02:34:47 EST, you write:

>As I said earlier we thought that method would suck a lot more "juice",
>but we did realize it was more efficient and flexible..Where can we get the
>scene file format? We checked the Newtek FTP site last night but it seemed
to
>
>be down...The programmer is willing to write a simple plugin but does not
>have the necessary info(He already wrote a .lwo object importer). At this
>point
>in time it would also seem to be useful to get on plugin developers list.
Can
>
>someone please tell me the address and subscription process.
>
>

    The scene file is stored in ascii format.. It's actualy really easy to
read, as I have been writing plug-ins to help with our game (I work with Joe)
and have never even bothered to check the SDK. Anyway, the point is you'll
probrobly not want to write your converter as a lightwave plug-in, but
instead have the programers convert it into whatever format they want on
their end.